1066 Battle of Hastings - Abbey and Battlefield
On 14th of October 1066 the history of England was changed forever. Walk the battlefield and imagine being at the heart of the fighting.
- Discover what life was really like in England just before the Conquest and find out about the realities of this bloodiest of battles in the exciting indoor exhbition. 1066: The Battle for England
- Spectacular film uses the latest technology to bring to life the drama of battle.
- Interactive exhibits give an absorbing insight into Norman and English life around 1066.
- Feel the weight of armour and weaponry.
- Take the inclusive audio tour of the battlefield and abbey.
- Atmospheric abbey ruins, a place of tranquility and calm.
- Gatehouse museum uses film and fascinating displays of artefacts to explain life in a medieval monastery.
- Relax in the cafe and visit the well-stocked high street shop.
Open Times1st April - 30th September: Daily 10am - 6pm
1st October - 31st March: Daily 10am - 4pm
24th - 26th December and 1st January: Closed
+44 (0)1424 775705
Click here for more information.